Quantcast

Thursday, April 30, 2015

A to Z Challenge: Zero-G Spot

This year, I am once again taking part in the April adventure that is the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. For those unfamiliar with the concept, it's basically about 26 posts (we don't post Sundays), preferably on a theme, blogging our way through the alphabet from A to Z. My theme this year is all about TV Tropes, celebrating random tropes with some sort of weird, odd, unusual, controversial, or taboo element that appeals to my warped sense of literary adventure.

Continuing Concluding the theme, we have Zero-G Spot (check out the page for a complete definition, but your first guess is probably pretty close to the mark). After a quick perusal of the Literature examples provided, I've gotta go with:

"Lois McMaster Bujold's Falling Free: Inverted when a girl specifically engineered for free fall (with a second pair of arms instead of legs) wonders how 'downsiders' can have sex without bouncing apart, since they have no lower hands to grip their lovers with. Her downsider lover explains that gravity has its uses. She also points out that condoms sure beat chasing bodily fluids around the compartment with a hand-vac."

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the #atozchallenge 2015! Don't forget our after party. The Reflections Linky List will open on Monday May 4th.
    Great post. LOL- sounds like a reallyinteresting book. I'm following you on your listed social media sites.
    J @JLenniDorner

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the what? I wonder if Lois showed that book to his parents....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be the oddest thing I've ever read...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I'm with Alex! Glad you made it through the A to Z! I've enjoyed your blog and the theme, and thank you for being on my team! See you during reflections...? Or IWSG? Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Bob, and I am just Zo happy it's all over :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got to the end and thank you for an eye opener postz... :)

    We made it... thank you!
    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

    There's no earthly way of knowing.
    Which direction we are going!

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete