Quantcast

Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Dragon Engine by Andy Remic

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Dragon Engine by Andy Remic 
Expected publication: July 7th 2015 by Angry Robot 

Five noble war heroes of Vagandrak get drunk one night and sign a contract – to journey to the Karamakkos in search of the Five Havens where, it is written, there is untold, abandoned wealth and, more importantly, the three Dragon Heads – jewels claimed to give unspeakable power and everlasting life to those who wield them.

But the Dragon Heads aren't what they think, and the world has not encountered their like in generations!

Think Smaug was fierce? You ain't seen nothing!


While I already had this on my most-anticipated list for 2015, last week's announcement from Angry Robot pushed my excitement to 11 and turned a must-read into a give-me-the-book-now-and-nobody-gets-hurt title! The Dragon Engine (and it's follow-up, Twilight of the Dragons) are set in the same world as The Iron Wolves and The White Towers, which I enjoyed immensely, and Remic himself has said "these books will hit new levels in fantasy violence and anti-heroic depravity."

9 comments:

  1. Anything with dragons and I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of this! And I'm curious to see the cover:-D Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not read this author but the book sounds interesting. :) I ope you get your hands on it soon so nobody gets hurt. hehe. ;)

    Stormi
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I know it's set in the same world as his other books, but is this book the beginning of another series? I still haven't caught up with The White Towers, shame on me.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! Can't wait to get my hands on this one and looking forward to seeing the cover at long last!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's something entirely new to me! But sounds exciting! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my Wow

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! This sounds so incredibly MUST HAVE NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy Angry Robot is back in action, especially when they're putting stuff like this out.

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete