Saturday, March 21, 2015

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Pretty much back to normal this week with some reviews, our regular weekly features, and a pair of guest posts:
αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

A solid week on the review front, with a new title landing on the doorstep or on my e-reader pretty much every day. 
  • Steve Alten's Vostok is for a tour next month (watch for my review and interview with the author)
  • The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu was an Goodreads win (releasing next month)
  • Jason Matthews' Palace of Treason is a follow-up to his debut spy thriller from a few years ago
  • Pulse by Robert Cook is a high-tech thriller that I'm really excited about (watch for my review and a guest posting coming up)
  • Jayde Ver Elst's Usu is an upcoming sci-fi humor novella
  • The Forgotten Room by Lincoln Child is looking to be my first chance to review his solo work (I'm a huge fan of his collaborations with Douglas Preston).


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

The Scarlet Gospels by Clive Barker
It all ends here, with the final confrontation between Pinhead and Harry, in a novel that promises to be an epic, visionary tale of good versus evil, set in Barker's erotically charged version of Hell.

• Dark Alchemy by Laura Bickle
A geologist, buried secrets, desiccated and twisted skeletons, and a novel that's been described as Stephen King's The Gunslinger meets Breaking Bad.


What's topping your shelves this week?

16 comments:

  1. THE GRACE OF KINGS could be really good especially with all the awards he has won

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinhead was such a great film bad guy! It's been a while since I watched the films, now I think about it...Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I'm anxious to hear how Grace of Kings is! And the new Clive Barker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover of The Scarlet Gospel is so neat!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  5. A copy of GoK is apparently heading my way! The news made my day so I can understand your excitement. I'm really looking forward to it.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting haul! I was just looking at The Grace of Kings today...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul this week, enjoy your books!

    Come and check out OUaT's STS and our 16 Blogoverary Giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of those books before but they look intriguing! Hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh nice! I am really curious about Laura Bickle's new book! Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to reading The Grace of Kings. It's one of the next ones on my reading list, so I'll get to dive into it soon! I hope it's as good as everyone keeps telling me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome stack this week! Check out my STS? http://bundles-of-books.blogspot.com/2015/03/stacking-shelves-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Forgotten Room sounds interesting. Love the title.

    ENJOY your books and your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice bunch of books. I have a few books by Laura Bickle on my Kindle but haven't read any of them yet. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy reading this week. I agree with Elizabeth, The Forgotten Room sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete