- A 15 Question Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Book Meme
- Tough Travels with . . . Vampires
- Waiting on Wednesday: When the Heavens Fall by Marc Turner
- IWSG - Time Management
- Scifi Review: The Usurper by John Norman
- Huge Opportunity for Self-Published Fantasy Authors (thanks to Mark Lawrence)
- Thriller Review: Three Strikes and You're Dead by Michael A. Draper
Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.
Just 2 new review titles added to the shelves this week . . . although 26 (yes, you read that right, 26) books just landed in my inbox for The Great Self-published Fantasy Blog-off with Mark Lawrence.
• The A.I. Chronicles edited by Ellen Campbell
This one came to me via Julie Czerneda, who is just one of the authors here exploring that territory where human intelligence comes face-to-face with what is either its greatest hope, or its greatest threat.
This is a very early ARC (it's a July release), which means I have time to catch up with his debut, No Return, first.
As for those 26 self-published titles on their way, I'll do up a post in the coming week with my list of titles, my first impressions, and my plans for the next 6 months.
It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.
• The Skull Throne by Peter Brett
I promised myself I would hold off until March to start reading this one, and I almost did (technically, I started it before bed last night). Really looking forward to it!
• The Wolf at His Door by Adrian Lilly
A dark world of fairy tales and fantasy set the stage for an 'unpredictable' horror novel where werewolves, genetics, and a thrilling murder mystery intertwine.
• Dawn's Early Light by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris
Somehow I missed the 3rd Books and Braun novel when it came out, so now I'm doing a little catch-up before joining the book tour for the fourth volume in April.