Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

A nicely balanced week to kick off the month of March:
αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

Just 2 new review titles added to the shelves this week . . . although 26 (yes, you read that right, 26) books just landed in my inbox for The Great Self-published Fantasy Blog-off with Mark Lawrence.

• The A.I. Chronicles edited by Ellen Campbell
This one came to me via Julie Czerneda, who is just one of the authors here exploring that territory where human intelligence comes face-to-face with what is either its greatest hope, or its greatest threat.

• Shower of Stones by Zachary Jernigan
This is a very early ARC (it's a July release), which means I have time to catch up with his debut, No Return, first.


As for those 26 self-published titles on their way, I'll do up a post in the coming week with my list of titles, my first impressions, and my plans for the next 6 months.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

• The Skull Throne by Peter Brett
I promised myself I would hold off until March to start reading this one, and I almost did (technically, I started it before bed last night). Really looking forward to it!

• The Wolf at His Door by Adrian Lilly
A dark world of fairy tales and fantasy set the stage for an 'unpredictable' horror novel where werewolves, genetics, and a thrilling murder mystery intertwine.

• Dawn's Early Light by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris
Somehow I missed the 3rd Books and Braun novel when it came out, so now I'm doing a little catch-up before joining the book tour for the fourth volume in April.


What's topping your shelves this week?

20 comments:

  1. SKULL THRONE looks intriguing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a solid series. I wasn't happy with the (literal) cliffhanger in the last book, but now I understand why . . . and I'm okay with it.

      Delete
  2. I like the cover for Wolf at his door. These are the kind of covers that grab my attention and make me take a second look. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a much better cover than the original edition.

      Delete
  3. With all that you read, it's no wonder time management was the theme of your IWSG post this week.
    Skull Throne has my interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I can't stop . . . I'm a bookaholic. :)

      Seriously, at some point I may have to pull back a bit on my memes and non-review posts, if I really want to have time to write.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 25 books. That can be a dream or a nightmare depending on your mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit daunted at first, but Mark has organized it well, and set the expectation that not everything is going to get read cover-to-cover. With 6 months to pick the 1 book I'm recommending into the final round, I think it'll be a great experience.

      Delete
  6. My eyes lit up when I saw the ARC of Shower of Stones was up. But like you, I have to catch up with No Return first. I've heard some interesting things about it, hopefully I can get to it before July (four months still, but then time flies...)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Wolf At His Door sounds really good! :)

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I like the sound of The AI Chronicles. *ponders* Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's a lot of books. I haven't heard of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just had to go read your post on the opportunity for indie authors. Such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice looking bunch of books. I hope you enjoy all of them. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot of bloggers love Peter V. Brett, I haven't read anything by him yet, but perhaps I should look into it??

    ReplyDelete
  13. ENJOY your books. Scary covers. :)

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will have to look into that series for the Skull Throne. and 26 other books! Wow, guess I am not the only busy reviewer. Goes right in to your time management post, eh? Well I hope we both find the time to get through our books. Now I need to go see if you have posted about those 26 titles yet.... Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete