Monday, March 23, 2015

A to Z Theme Reveal - TVTropes

This year, I am once again taking part in the April adventure that is the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. For those unfamiliar with the concept, it's basically about 26 posts (we don't post Sundays), preferably on a theme, blogging our way through the alphabet from A to Z.


In anticipation of the alphabetical fun to come, today is the day we reveal our themes for the coming month. Two years ago I did a musical theme, and last year I did a theme of cover artists, but this year I wanted to do something a bit more random.

I am absolutely addicted to the TVTropes page, and can easily spend a rainy afternoon following a trail of tropes, uncovering books that otherwise would never have caught my eye, but which have some weird, odd, unusual, controversial, or taboo element that appeals to my warped sense of literary adventure.


So, for my theme, I've decided to roll the dice, hit the 'Random' button atop the page, and go with the first theme that is (1) literature related, and (2) contains at least one book I want to read. Some of them may make you laugh, some of them may make you cringe, but I guarantee you'll find something that catches your interest as well.

5 comments:

  1. That's a fun way to choose each letter! Look forward to the posts. (And really hope E works with your theme...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll make it work - no matter how many times I have to click that random button. :)

      Delete
  2. Great plan, I know you can do it... should be fun. :)

    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

    There's no earthly way of knowing.
    Which direction we are going!
    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! I am SO looking forward to this! What an awesome idea! Looking forward to this! So glad you're on my team this year... and thanks for dropping by and commenting. Lisa @ lisabuiecollard.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I love TV Tropes too! Nice idea for a theme :)

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - The crazy thing about Hungarians...

    ReplyDelete