Quantcast

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: A Crown for Cold Silver by Alex Marshall

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

A Crown for Cold Silver by Alex Marshall 
Expected publication: April 14th 2015 by Orbit

FIVE VILLAINS. ONE LEGENDARY GENERAL. A FINAL QUEST FOR VENGEANCE.

Twenty years ago, feared general Cobalt Zosia led her five villainous captains and mercenary army into battle, wrestling monsters and toppling an empire. When there were no more titles to win and no more worlds to conquer, she retired and gave up her legend to history.

Now the peace she carved for herself has been shattered by the unprovoked slaughter of her village. Seeking bloody vengeance, Zosia heads for battle once more, but to find justice she must confront grudge-bearing enemies, once-loyal allies, and an unknown army that marches under a familiar banner.

A CROWN FOR COLD SILVER is an outstanding epic fantasy debut featuring an unforgettable warrior.


This is a title I came across after compiling my Most Anticipated Fantasy list, otherwise it would have been a featured title on that list. It's been compared favorably to everything from the Glen Cook's Black Company novels to Kameron Hurley's God's War, and recommended for fans of Steven Erikson, Mark Lawrence, and Joe Abercrombie. I haven't been lucky enough to see an ARC come my way yet, but I'm anxiously waiting.


By the way, speaking of most anticipated reads, I'm taking part in the SF Signal Mind Meld today - come by and see what we're all looking forward to!

13 comments:

  1. OOh nice! That sounds exciting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% This quickly became my most anticipated spring read by an author I don't know. Is it a debut? I honestly have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found it. Pseudonym for a multi genre author. Secretive, gender neutral name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any idea who is really is? I figured out Nick Cutter pretty easily, but this one I haven't uncovered. :)

      Delete
  4. Read it ASAP. So fantastic. I've been ranting abt it on Twitter and Goodreads for the last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sure . . . go ahead and tease. If the ARC arrives, read it I shall!

      Delete
  5. I've heard great things about this too. Orbit didn't approve my request, darn it! So I may or may not read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I don't feel so alone now - they denied me as well. For some reason, I don't seem to have a lot of luck with them on Edelweiss, but no problems on NetGalley.

      Delete
    2. You're definitely not alone, I've not had much luck with Orbit in the past on Edel either.

      Delete
    3. Good to know, I was starting to take it personally!

      Delete
  6. I've been trying to figure out who the author is too behind the pseudonym. Don't know why, my guess is it might be a well known female author.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I specced about this on twitter yesterday and thought I had started a rumor alone. Now I see Mogsy had the same thoughts.

      Delete
  7. This sounds good and I haven't heard of it so I must add this to my TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete