Quantcast

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Donald's Top Ten of 2014

Yesterday we featured my personal Best of 2014, a collection of eleven 5-star reads that was heavy on the epic fantasy, but which also ventured into the realm of pure horror for a few picks. Today is Donald's turn, with a list that's heavy on the horror, but which dabbles in a little poetry. So, without further ado, let me turn things over to Donald Armfield!


My list, in no particular order, is mainly horror - my first read always. But this year I found Write Bloody Publishing, with poetry titles that catch your eye, and then riddle poetic masterpieces. The graphic novel Grindhouse: Doors Open at Midnight Vol. 1 blood splattering genius - I can't wait for the next installment. Honorable mention goes to Saga series (from Image Comics). I had about 250 reads this year, but this is my first posted list since I became an avid reader.

Boston Posh by Wol-vriey: Utterly bizarre, prostitutes and an alternate Boston. Fused into a novel you won't forget.

City of Insomnia by Victor D. Infante: Write Bloody Publishing picks poetry winners. If your in to poetry then check out their catalog.

Six Dead Spots by Gregor Xane: A new author on the scene, I'm following. With other titles such as  "It Came From Hell and Smashed The Angels" and his newest novella "The Hanover Block" Check him out on Amazon/Goodreads.

Nightcrawler by Tim Curran: Dark Fuse has tons of titles to-read and I snagged a copy of this. And was washed away with this lovecraftin/horror.

Mourning Jewelry by Stephanie M. Wytovich: Both of her poetry collections from Raw Dog Screaming Press are amazing. Horror poetry that peels your fingertips back.

Grindhouse: Doors Open at Midnight Vol. 1: If you are into horror graphic novels with that old school grindhouse style, double feature block. Then you need to check this out.

Suffer the Children by Craig DiLouie: Vampires meet "Children of the Corn" excellent read. Permuted Press also has a nice catalog to thumb through.

Chelsea Avenue by Armand Rosamilia: I joined a street team for Ragnarok Press and scored a copy of this super-natural horror. Must read!!

Flood Song by Sherwin Bitsui: I picked this up from library, while doing research on Native Americans. His poetry threw me for a ride, I was not expecting.

The Black Sun Epidemic by Jon R. Meyers: Published by Dynatox Ministries (a small chapbook press company, with an interesting catalog) You can Consume! more here, if your looking for something different to read. (http://dynatox.storenvy.com/)

1 comment: