With the year at and end, I wanted to turn the spotlight on you - the readers, the guests, and the visitors who have made 2014 such a success in the ruins.
To my very great surprise, the most popular post this year was my Most Anticipated Fantasy Reads post from earlier in the month. Apparently, a lot of you are fantasy fans, and you are really, really, really excited about what's coming in the new year.
As for book reviews, the top 5 posts that got the most attention this year are:
5. The Barrow by Mark Smylie
4. The Emperor's Blades by Brian Staveley
3. What Comes Around by Ted Bell
2. Challenger - An American Tragedy by Hugh Harris
and, coming in at the top spot, a bit of a surprise:
1. Thriller Review - Warriors by Ted Bell
As for this year's guest posts and interviews, the top 5 guests that attracted the most views are:
5. Interview with Peter (Stoney) Emshwiller (author of The Host)
4. Q&A With Anne Rice (author of Prince Lestat)
3. Paul Kearney Talks Changing Gears and Genres (Guest Post)
2. An Interview with Tahir Shah (author of Eye Spy)
and, coming in the top spot, another surprise:
1. Art, Dreams, and Mazes by J M McDermott (GUEST POST)
Finally, while there are always regular posts like Waiting on Wednesday or my Weekly Update that get a lot of comments, nothing seemed to get people talking more than the first Insecure Writer's Support Group post of the year. Thanks to Alex for inviting me to co-host, and to all the other insecure writers who keep the theme alive.
A huge thanks to everybody who stopped by, contributed a post, offered up a title for review, or left a comment or two. You are what keep me blogging, and I look forward to enjoying an even bigger 2015 with you all.
Happy New Year!