Saturday, July 26, 2014

Mailboxes, Shelves, and What I'm Reading

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

I've been focusing on striking a better balance between upcoming titles and my personal TBR shelves, so only 1 new addition this week.


Find Virgil (A Novel of Revenge) by Frank Freudberg
Published November 14th 2013 by Inside Job Media

Get inside the mind of a serial killer as you never have before. Is Martin Muntor a villain or a victim?

Can you imagine rooting for a madman to succeed in a terroristic plot to kill hundreds of people? Second-hand smoke gave Muntor lung cancer, and he's mad. Very mad ... and he's going to do something about it. It's 1995, and the tobacco industry thinks it's invincible.

But is it?

Muntor devises an ingenious strategy to put cigarette companies out of business, and he doesn't care how many people he has to take with him in order to do it.

Hapless private investigator Tommy Rhoads has to find Muntor, and fast. But that's not going to be so easy. Muntor's smart and has nothing to lose, and the FBI doesn't want Rhoads's help. Rhoads has a lot at stake -- personally and professionally -- and is desperate to stop the killer.

Who's right, and who's wrong? Read Find Virgil now, and go along for the wild ride. You'll never forget it.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

With an eye towards my scheduled reviews for the next few weeks, I'm currently turning pages with:

• Justice 4.1 by Jim Webster  
Join intergalactic investigator Haldar Drom as he cleans up criminal scum.

• The Ghoul Archipelago by Stephen Kozeniewski 
Zombies, a freighter rescue, billionaire madmen, cargo cults, and post-apocalyptic gruesome horror.

• The House of the Four Winds by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory
I've always looked to Lackey for classic fantasy, and her collaborations with Mallory have been outstanding . . . plus it has pirates!

What's topping your shelves this week?

13 comments:

  1. I wonder how many books Lackey has written over the years? I'm sure it's a large number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Totally new to me! Hope you enjoy it!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading a lot of fantasy lately. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices. I haven't read much fantasy but I hope to remedy that soon!
    Happy Reading
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds good :)

    My new pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about striking a balance - I gotta start getting pickier this summer with the books I request/review/purchase. That you've gone for just this one means it must be really good then! Enjoy :D

    ~Mogsy

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are new to me, The House of the Four Winds sounds intriguing! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Lackey's books but have never read any of her collaborations with Mallory. This one does sound like fun though. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only got one last week too. I'm working through a languishing TBR stack!

    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I should have read something by Lackey by now even though high fantasy is not really my thing. One day :)

    Enjoy!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome haul!

    Check out my blog as well. Maybe even hit the follow button? It’d be greatly appreciated! http://bundles-of-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete