Quantcast

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: The Falcon Throne by Karen Miller

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Falcon Throne by Karen Miller
Hardcover, 528 pages
Expected publication: September 16th 2014 by Orbit

In the distant past, the Kingdom of Harcia was torn apart by royal brothers who could not accept a lesser inheritance. Now, the consequences of their actions are coming to light.

Balfre, son of Aimery, Duke of Harcia, is his father's heir. But he has dreams of a crown, not a coronet. He dreams himself the king of a Harcia re-united, but his brother Grefin, their father's favorite, stands in his way.

Harald, debauched Duke of neighboring Clemen, is feared and despised by his nobles. He thinks he can trust his bastard-born cousin Ederic ... but Ederic fears for the duchy and will do what he must to save it.

And caught between dangers is Harald's infant son, Liam. Stolen by his nurse, vanished into the lawless Marches, he is the spark that will grow to set the world on fire.


I've had Miller's Godspeaker Trilogy and Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Saga on my reading list for a while now, but catching up on existing trilogies is always tricking with so much on my reading list. I'm excited about the idea of getting in on the ground floor of a new saga with this one.

11 comments:

  1. That's a new to me one but sounds pretty epic!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Game of Thrones has really paved the way for fantasy sagas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her writing didn't do much for me when I read the first of the Godspeaker trilogy. I still considered reading this one though, and could be swayed by good reviews from trusted sources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'll keep that in mind - our tastes tend to mesh more often than not. The story line here does intrigue me.

      Delete
  4. This one sounds really interesting
    I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    Yours
    Smarty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard this before. Hope you enjoy!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this author or series but it looks really good. Strangely, I really like seeing some male characters take the lead again although there better be some good female characters as well! Great pick and enjoy :)
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of The Falcon Throne before, honestly, but it does sound amazing! I haven't had an epic fantasy kind of read for a while, actually. I also like when fantasy and politics blend in a little, like in Grave Mercy, and it seems like that'll be the case here!

    Lovely pick! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one caught my eye too - I'm still not sure if I'm going to check it out or not, this summer has suddenly gotten very busy and I have to manage my reading a little bit better. Maybe I'll hold off and check out some reviews from trusted sources before taking the plunge as well.

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds so good Bob! I might just have to feature it next week myself :)
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete