Quantcast

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday - Ghost Ship by Clive Cussler

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Ghost Ship by Clive Cussler
Hardcover, 416 pages
Expected publication: May 27th 2014 by Putnam Adult

When Kurt Austin is injured attempting to rescue the passengers and crew from a sinking yacht, he wakes with fragmented and conflicted memories. Did he see an old friend and her children drown, or was the yacht abandoned when he came aboard? For reasons he cannot explain, Kurt doesn’t trust either version of his recollection.

Determined to know the truth, he begins to search for answers, and soon finds himself descending into a shadowy world of state-sponsored cybercrime, and uncovering a pattern of vanishing scientists, suspicious accidents, and a web of human trafficking. With the help of Joe Zavala, he takes on the sinister organization at the heart of this web, facing off with them in locations ranging from Monaco to North Korea to the rugged coasts of Madagascar. But where he will ultimately end up, even he could not begin to guess.

What can I say? Clive Cussler is one of my favourite popcorn reads, always reliable for a great adventure, and this could be a great long weekend read, come May.

6 comments:

  1. I have never read the man. Which is weird because I went through a big thriller stage at one time. But for some reason I feared the biggest names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was younger I went through a phase where I was obsessed with the Titanic (this was before Ballard found it), so Raise the Titanic was a must-read for me. It was more James Bond than Titanic salvage, which disappointed me, but I like the character and the writing.

      Clive is my go-to vacation read for lugging a fresh paperback to the beach or the waterpark.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a really nice adventure story and I haven't read any in a while. So thank you for sharing this one :)

    Here is our WOW pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good read, and I bet Clive pulled it off masterfully. Thanks for visiting me at IWSG today, Bob. Happy IWSG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick! Last time I read any Clive Cussler was in hospital after surgery and I'd worked my way through the hospital library! Will definitely look out for a copy of Ghost Ship, it's about time I read another Cussler book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good, thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete