Quantcast

Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

A to Z Challenge: Eddie Jones

The A to Z Challenge is a meme posting every day (except Sundays) in April. Check out the list of 2000+ participants and follow along for 26 days (and 26 letters) of fun. The 2-letter code after each blog name may help narrow your choices - (BO) is Books, (WR) is Writing, (PH) is Photography . . . and, if you're concerned about those NSFW pages, (AC) is Adult Content.

For my theme, I thought I'd do something I generally try very hard not to do, and that is judge a book by its cover. Yes, this year my A to Z Challenge is all about the cover artists who give the books we know and love so much damn shelf appeal.

Continuing through the alphabet, we have Eddie Jones, the man behind the classic covers below:







These are pure pulp science fiction, the kind of covers that you just don't see anymore. Twice nominated for the Hugo Award for Best Professional Artist, Jones sadly passed away in 1999.

3 comments:

  1. Almost a pulp style. He did several of the Star Trek novels I believe, as I have some and I'm sure it's his artwork on the covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look of Critical Mass - that one just cries out for shelf space.

      Delete
  2. I really like that Deathworld 2 cover. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for that version on my used bookstore jaunts.

    ReplyDelete