Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday - Morningside Fall by Jay Posey

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Morningside Fall (Duskwalker Cycle) by Jay Posey
Angry Robot (April 29, 2014)

The lone gunman Three is gone, and Wren is the new governor of the devastated settlement of Morningside, but there is turmoil in the city. When his life is put in danger, Wren is forced to flee Morningside until he and his retinue can determine who can be trusted.

They arrive at the border outpost, Ninestory, only to find it has been infested with Weir in greater numbers than anyone has ever seen. These lost, dangerous creatures are harbouring a terrible secret – one that will have consequences not just for Wren and his comrades, but for the future of what remains of the world.


The gang at Angry Robot does it again, offering up another must-read sequel for 2014. Three (check it out here) was a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk thriller that read as if Mad Max had stepped into the world of The Dark Tower, aided and abetted on his journey by the likes of William Gibson and Richard Matheson, and I'm intensely curious to see where Posey takes the story next.

7 comments:

  1. I like all the elements.
    Angry Robot is into a lot of entertainment mediums, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they've really got things covered. I don't know that I've read a 'bad' book from them yet, and they just keep growing. I see this week they've just signed Kameron Hurley to the ranks.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series before, but it sounds pretty good! Maybe I'll check it out next time :) thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sound interesting, will look into it. Thanks for sharing!

    This is our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is new to me. Thanks for sharing it! Hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know this series, but the cover looks awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morningside Fall and Peacemaker are my two big Angry Robot books I'm looking forward to this year now that I've read Book of the Crowman.

    ReplyDelete