Quantcast

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Stacking The Shelves & What I'm Reading

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme being hosted by Tynga's Reviews, while Mailbox Monday is being hosted by The Reading Fever this month (see Mailbox Monday for each month's host). Both memes are all about sharing the books you've added to your shelves - physical and virtual, borrowed and bought. It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey, and it's focused on what's in your hands, as opposed to what's on your shelf.


With an eye towards my plans for the next few months, I'm still trying to hold off on adding too much to the TBR pile, but I did pick up a few new titles:

Metal on Ice: Tales from Canada's Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Heroes
by Sean Kelly
Paperback, 208 pages
Expected publication: Oct 8th, 2013 by Dundurn

Acquired via NetGalley - Helix, Anvil, Coney Hatch, Killer Dwarfs, Harem Scarem, and Honeymoon Suite? 'Nuff said!



Appalachian Undead
edited by Jason Sizemore
Paperback, 212 pages
Published July 27th 2013 by Apex Book Company

Acquired via Apex Book Company, along with Jason's companion short, Mountain Dead.




Second Chance
by David D. Levine
eBook, 65 pages
Published July 11th, 2013 by Book View Café

Won via the Librarything early reviewers program.





Sudden Death Overtime: A Story of Hockey and Vampires
by Steve Vernon
eBook, 122pages
Published July 9th, 2013 by CreateSpace

A review request from a fellow Canuck, described as Slapshot meets 30 Days of Night.




You Are Sloth!
by Steve Lowe
Paperback, 150 pages
Published July 1st, 2013 by Eraserhead Press

No matter how towering my review pile is, I always find it hard to refuse a new Bizarro title.




As for what we're reading, the team has reviews coming up over the next 2 weeks for:


What's topping your shelves this week?

15 comments:

  1. Nice haul! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting haul! Not too many familiar titles. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul, a few of these are on my wishlist! Looking forward to hearing what you think of Emperor of Thorns. Enjoy your new books and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Metal on Ice - now that is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit, I played a little air guitar when the publisher contacted me for that one. \m/

      Delete
  5. Great haul! This is the first that I've heard of all of these books. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to your review of Emperor of Thorns, I'll be picking that one up as soon as I finish Abaddon's Gate by James S.A. Corey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Corey's first book but gave up about halfway - just didn't hook me.

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard of any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOoh what a haul!! Lots of new reads to me, but they all look like thrilling ones!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Appalachian Undead looks interesting. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of most of these books, but I hope you find them enjoyable. Happy reading!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you enjoy the read, Bob. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guile of Dragons sounds intriguing, Bob

    ReplyDelete