Quantcast

Monday, August 26, 2013

Mailbox Monday

If it's Monday, then it must be time for Mailbox Monday, a weekly meme that provides a virtual gathering place for bloggers (and readers) to share the books that came their way over the past week. Originally hosted by Marcia, of To Be Continued..., it has since become something of a book tour, with a new host each month. This month, we're being hosted  by Penelope @ The Reading Fever.

Starting next month, I will be giving Kathy @ BermudaOnion a break and taking over back-up host duties, so be sure to check here if the month's host hasn't posted.

Here are the books that found a home on my shelves over the last week:

Who Killed John F. Kennedy? (Lose Your Own Adventure #1)
by Despair Inc.
Paperback, 190 pages
Published July 21st 2013 by Despair, Inc.

Received from the publisher. It looks and feels like an old Choose Your Own Adventure book, but it's got a twist that only the folks behind Demotivators® could come up with.



The Tormentors
by Jack Phoenix
Paperback, 182pages
Published June 1, 2013 by Damnation Books, LLC

Nabbed this as my complimentary title for taking the reading preferences survey that Damnation Books was running for the past few weeks.





Dying Is My Business
by Nicholas Kaufmann
Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: October 8th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

Received from NetGalley. Sounds like a very dark slice of urban fantasy featuring a hero causes the death of an innocent every time he cheats death. Oh, and a dangerous magic taht turns people into inhuman monstrosities doesn't hurt either.


Rotten Row
by Chaz Brenchley
Paperback, 122 pages
Published July 23rd 2014 by Book View Cafe

Purchased from Amazon. What can I say, the cover caught my eye. I've been meaning to give him a read, so maybe this will prompt me to dig up my paperbacks of his Outremer series.




The Roswell Protocols
by Allan Burd
Paperback, 482pages
Published June 15, 2009 by Bed Bug Publishing, Inc.

Purchased from Amazon. Another one that caught my eye, a large-scale story of the race to discover the crashed remains - and technology - of a UFO.




The Fall of Ventaris
by Neil McGarry & Daniel Ravipinto
Forthcoming from Peccable Productions

Received from the author. I quite enjoyed The Duchess of the Shallows, so I'm anxious to give the sequel a read. Fortunately, I have the electronic ARC sitting right in front of me.






What's topping your shelves this week?

4 comments:

  1. Some interesting books this week. I'm currently reading The Crown Tower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find my Mailbox Monday post here:
    http://hiddeninpages.com/2013/08/24/stacking-the-shelves-and-mailbox-monday-82613/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENJOY your books!!!

    Have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dying is my Business sounds awesome! I'll have to look for that one in October. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete