Saturday, July 20, 2013

Stacking The Shelves & What I'm Reading

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme being hosted by Tynga's Reviews, while Mailbox Monday is being hosted by Book Obsessed this month (see Mailbox Monday for each month's host). Both memes are all about sharing the books you've added to your shelves - physical and virtual, borrowed and bought. It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey, and it's focused on what's in your hands, as opposed to what's on your shelf.


With an eye towards my plans for the next few months, I'm still trying to hold off on adding too much to the TBR pile, but I did pick up a few new titles:

Cthulhurotica
ed. by Carrie Cuinn
Paperback, 340 pages
Published Dec 16, 2010 by Dagan Books

I've had my eye on this for a while, but when I realized it was the same Carrie who edited the sci-fi archaeology anthology In Situ, I was sold.



Wayward
by Blake Crouch
Paperback, 322 pages
Expected publication: Sept 17th 2013 by Thomas & Mercer

Coming to television courtesy of M. Night Shyamalan, I snagged this and Pines, book 1 in the series, for review.




Razor's Edge
by Martha Wells
Hardcover, 384 pages
Expected publication: Sept 24th 2013 by LucasBooks

Acquired via NetGalley - it's Star Wars and it's Martha Wells . . . how could I possibly resist snagging this?




As for what we're reading, the team has reviews coming up over the next 2 weeks for:


What's topping your shelves this week?

15 comments:

  1. I had no idea M. Night was doing a Blake Crouch. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some books I would like to read. Here is my post: Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. those last two seem most intriguing to me, Bob.
    I'm currently reading THE BOOK OF ENGLISH KINGS AND QUEENS, non fiction :) What a history of reigning mad lunatics that is....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! Your reads always look exciting! Hope you enjoy these!

    My STS will be up tomorrow so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cover of Three - it looks gorgeous!
    Enjoy all your lovely books! (:

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erotic Cthulhu? That might even make Lovecraft blush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy reading! I still need to try the Broken Empire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you're in for some good reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ENJOY your new books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read somewhere else about the Blake Crouch- M. Night collaboration. Those books look awesome. I guess I have to read the Pines first, so I'm putting it on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all new to me but they have intriguing covers and titles. I hope you enjoy them. Come see what I did last week here. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will have to check out the the Blake books, they sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lot of reading ahead, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/mailbox-monday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never read Martha Wells so I hope I like Razor's Edge. I look forward to the review on Three. Thanks for stopping by my STS.

    ReplyDelete