Quantcast

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Stacking The Shelves & What I'm Reading

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme being hosted by Tynga's Reviews, while Mailbox Monday is being hosted by Dolce Bellezza this month (see Mailbox Monday for each month's host). Both memes are all about sharing the books you've added to your shelves - physical and virtual, borrowed and bought. It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey, and it's focused on what's in your hands, as opposed to what's on your shelf.


With an average of two reads per week scheduled into the middle of August, I've been trying to hold off on adding to the TBR pile. However, there are a few titles with release dates outside that review window which I couldn't stop myself from requesting:

Gideon Smith and the Mechanical Girl
by David Barnett
Paperback, 352 pages
Expected publication: September 10th 2013 by Tor Books

Acquired via the publisher.





Under a Graveyard Sky
by John Ringo
Hardcover, 416 pages
Expected publication: September 3rd 2013 by Baen

Acquired via NetGalley





Three
by Jay Posey
Paperback
Expected publication: July 30th 2013 by Angry Robot

Acquired via NetGalley





Pharaoh: A Novel
by David Gibbins
Paperback, 400 pages
Expected publication: October 1st 2013 by Dell

Acquired via NetGalley





The Troop
by Nick Cutter
Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: January 7th 2014 by Gallery Books

Acquired via Edelweiss





As for what we're reading, the team has reviews coming up over the next 2 weeks for:

 

What's topping your shelves this week?

7 comments:

  1. All your books are new to me and books that I hadn't heard of before. You got some interesting books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! These are all new to me as well, but they do look exciting! Hope you enjoy each and every one of them!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The troop looks like it would be an interesting read. Thanks for stopping by my sts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to stop myself from requesting Three as I don't know when I'd fit it in, plus I already have Chuck Wendig's latest to get on with from the Robots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THREE and PHARAOH seem exciting, Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a nice group of books. I like John Ringo and will have to check out Under a Graveyard Sky. Come see my Monday Report here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of The Troop and that author just recently. The rest are new to me, but that is a good thing. I like to discover new titles. Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete