Quantcast

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Stacking The Shelves & What I'm Reading

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme being hosted by Tynga's Reviews, while Mailbox Monday is being hosted by MariReads this month (see Mailbox Monday for each month's host). Both memes are all about sharing the books you've added to your shelves - physical and virtual, borrowed and bought. It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey, and it's focused on what's in your hands, as opposed to what's on your shelf.


A whopping stack of review titles this week:


          
          
          

As for what I'm reading, I have reviews coming up over the next 2 weeks for:

          

What's topping your shelves this week?


CassaStorm by Alex J. Cavanaugh, Burning the Middle Ground by L. Andrew Cooper, Chimera: A Jim Chapel Mission by David Wellington, Dateline: Atlantis by Lynn Voedisch, The Diabolist by Layton Green, Perfect Flaw by Robin Blankenship, Gods and Monsters: Unclean Spirits by Chuck Wendig, Southern Haunts: Spirits That Walk Among Us by Alexander S. Brown, Vampires Don't Sparkle by Michael West

17 comments:

  1. Great review haul! I'm going to have to check some of them out. Happy reading!

    New Twitter follower. My STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to your A CROWN IMPERILED and THE FOREVER KNIGHT reviews, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome haul. I may have to check some of these out
    New GFC follower
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    http://www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice! These all look like intriguing reads! All are new to me, but I hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I havent heard of any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them all :)
    Stacking the Shelves
    April Giveaway(Last Day)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul, never heard of it before. Hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, some really great books. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh many books I didn't know. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You had a great week and they all look so good! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How many books are you able to get through in a month, on average?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on how long they are, and how much I'm enjoying them. I can generally get through 2 good-sized novels in a week, and can knock off a short novella in a night.

      I'll generally give any book about 50 pages to really hook me. If it's not working for me after that, I tend to skim a bit, but if I'm enjoying it, I'll take my time and savour the story.

      Delete
  11. Looks like an awesome haul you got! I haven't heard of these but I think the genre is different from what I usually gravitate towards.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul of books, a couple of my favorite authors there! Happy reading :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a giant stack of books :) I hope you enjoy them all! Have a fab week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huge stack of books...quite scary covers. Yikes!!!

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like some exciting reads. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete