Quantcast

Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: Happy Mardi Gras! If they were throwing the HOTTEST books off of a Mardi Gras float -- what would you do to have them throw to you…?

The book I'd most like to see come flying off that float is Guy Gavriel Kay's River of Stars . . . and, if I was really lucky, a few copies of Stephen King's Doctor Sleep might come winging their way alongside it. Of course, since they're both likely to be thick, heavy hardcovers, I'd probably make a complete fool of myself and then hide behind the drunks who are already numb to the pain, and unlikely to have the coordination to make a catch!

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I regularly take part in. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

15 comments:

  1. Totally want to read Doctor Sleep! :D Old follower. My FFs are at LKHill or Musings on Fantasia. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, some of those hardcovers might be dangerous to have thrown at you! Happy Friday!


    Follow That Penguin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH Stephen King books! Totally. I'd want to snatch one too! ;)

    My FF @ Kat Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephen King books scare me too much - I might go back to them one day, though, I used to love them!

    I'm an old GFC follower (and as of yesterday, I was able to add GFC to my wordpress blog!), here's my my FF post for this week.

    Have a fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! I would do anything for Doctor Sleep or really anything by Stephen King! He's my absolute favorite author ever!
    Old follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. Good plan! Thrown novels hurt. I'd love a copy of Doctor Sleep, too.

    Raina @ The LUVNV
    (New follower via GFC and Linky)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a plan.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/feature-follow_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read River of Stars! I will look it up - just the title sounds awesome :D


    New GFC follower!

    My FF Post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sis is a Stephen King fan. I'm with you on hiding. Those books would hurt! Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice answer :) I'm unfamiliar with the titles you mention, but I can get behind using poor unsuspecting drunkards in order to acquire books! I would hope that my coordination would be good enough to catch them though!
    new follower! have a great weekend!

    Aspen
    my FF: http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-would-you-do-for-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. RIVER OF STARS what a delightful title!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Drunks are useful sometimes. Nice post. Hi, new follower on GFC. Java With Jambor

    ReplyDelete