Quantcast

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday - Magician's End by Raymond E. Feist

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Magician's End by Raymond E. Feist
May 14th

Thirty years ago Raymond E. Feist wrote his first novel, Magician, a story about an orphan boy named Pug who travels to a place known as the Kingdom of the Isles to study wizardry a Master Magician. Magician introduced us to Midkemia and the  Riftwar, an epic series of battles between Good and Evil that have scarred this imaginative new world for generations. Now, after twenty-nine books (authored and co-authored), Feist delivers the crowning achievement of his renowned bestselling career: Magician's End, the final chapter in his extraordinary Riftwar saga.

Pug — who has assumed the mantle of the greatest magician of all time — must risk everything he has fought for and everything he cherishes in the hope of destroying an evil enemy once and for all. But to achieve peace and save untold millions of lives, he will have to pay the ultimate price...


I've fallen way off the rails with Feist's work, with The Serpentwar Saga being my last dip into the world of Midkemia, but the final Riftwar novel has me excited . . . and not just for the ominous title. I've got 2 books to read in the Chaoswar Saga before this, but I may just have time to catch up

13 comments:

  1. Ah, this isn't the type of book I usually read, but I sure hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my Waiting On Wednesday post.

    Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this one but it definitely sounds exciting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this. Magician was the first epic fantasy book I've ever read, and I absolutely loved it. Feist is a magician with words, and his world-building left me breathless in the past.

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard fantastic things about this author but have yet to read anything of his. Great pick, sounds like a good one!
    Happy New Year!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday_2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I gotta pick this up. I can't even tell you how many times I read the Riftwar series. I'd read this just to have an excuse to go back and read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm.... looks intresting I think I'm going to read this one. Thanks for sharing! :) Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of this book, but I love the fantasy aspect. And of course, who could go wrong with dragons? Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so good! I"ll have to look into this one. Great pick! Thanks for sharing!

    MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like a really good fantasy :) I have not heard of this book until now...
    WoW: http://lalovelystories.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/waiting-on-wednesday5/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read this series, but I think I need to add them to my TBR. Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I truly can't wait. This is one series I've read literally all my life!

    -Sprawl

    ReplyDelete