Quantcast

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Stacking The Shelves with Gray, Grann, Lebbon, Weis and Hickman for Mailbox Monday

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme being hosted by Tynga over at Tynga's ReviewsStacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you've added to your shelves - physical and virtual, borrowed and bought. Mailbox Monday, meanwhile, is a similar meme being hosted by Kathy from BermudaOnion’s Weblog this month (check out the Mailbox Monday blog to see who's hosting next month).


I'm still muddling through with a borrowed e-reader to stay on top of those books that I have scheduled for various book tours until I can get my hands on one of the new Kobo Glo readers, so it was off to the used bookstore today for some paperback reads.


The Ancient by Muriel Gray
I remember being intrigued by this tale of monstrous horror on a supertanker at sea when it was released, but it seemed to disappear before I could snag a copy.

The Lost City of Z by David Grann
Not really sure what happened with this real-life adventure novel. It seems as if I waited forever for it to come out in paperback . . . and then missed it entirely.

The Nature of the Balance by Tim Lebbon
I'm familiar with his dark fantasy work, but have never dabbled in his horror, so this was a must-buy.

Journey into the Void by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
Epic fantasy is just one of those genres I prefer to read in mass-market paperback, and now that I have the entire trilogy, I can get reading.


What's topping your shelves this week?

15 comments:

  1. Interesting choices. These are all new to me. Great haul of books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Grace, I hadn't heard of any of these either. I hope you enjoy them all, happy reading! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Stacking the Shelves you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third time's the charm! These are all new to me as well, but they do sound pretty exciting!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading these memes. I've been thinking about starting this one so we'll see! I was doing some blog hopping and found you and I am now a follower! I would love it if you would stop by my blog for a visit and follow back if you would like! It would make my day. Here's the link: MaMa's Book Corner
    I hope you are having a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these books. I hope you enjoy them!

    My STS:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/in-my-mailbox-stacking-shelves-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of any of these books.

    ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/mailbox-monday-11122012.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had the Kobo Glo for about a week, and I'm really enjoying it. Happy reading! Good luck catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice mix of books, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/mailbox-monday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look like fun! I really enjoyed the Lost City of Z.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had Lost City of Z for awhile but haven't gotten to it yet. I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ereaders are the best. I hope you get that Kobo glo soon. :)
    Hmmm I think I also have at least one book from Sovereign Stone Trilogy somewhere. I really should try it. Thanks for reminding me. :) I like how 'THE NATURE OF BALANCE' sounds. I hope you enjoy them all.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy holidays!
    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got yourself quite a stash there, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hadn't heard of any of these books before.

    Right now I'm reading Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson.

    ReplyDelete