Quantcast

Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: What hyped up book do you think was not worth all the talk?

A Feast for Crows was a huge disappointment, so much so that I abandoned it after 3 attempts. The only way I'm moving on with the series is if I skip that entry. The Long Earth was another one I was looking forward to - I mean, Pratchett AND Baxter? Oh, yeah! - but it was weak, lazy, and altogether not worth the hype.

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I regularly take part in. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

18 and Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines and Kelly at Secrets of a Book Lover. This one is aimed primarily at bloggers and books for the 18 and over crowd.

Question of the Week: 
Do you listen to music while writing reviews or do you need quiet? 

If I'm at the computer, then the odds are pretty good I've got music playing. My playlist over the last few days has been very Canadian, with the new Platinum Blonde album, the last Honeymoon Suite album, the re-releases of Gowan's 2 biggest albums (Strange Animal and Great Dirty World), and the latest from Fraze Gang (who were once known as Brighton Rock).

21 comments:

  1. I agree. Especially after the awesomeness that was book 3, Feast of Crows was very disappointing. I finished it, though, because I'm totally obsessed with the series! :D
    My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. GRRM is awesome. But the book I liked best was the first one, Game of Thrones.
    My post - FF #1
    New Follower on GFC :)
    Aditi
    That Readioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. never read that one, if its erotica, I wouldn't, the cover seems like it is, lol, anway, old follower, here is mine
    Follow Friday Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one!
    New follower!
    Here's my FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the hop. Have a great Friday!

    New Linky follower (The Muggle)
    New email follower (amugglesmagicalbookblog at yahoo)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know the book, but I'll keep it mind, thanks.

    old follower

    Melliane - Event with many giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of that one.
    new follower :)

    here's our FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that Feast for Crows is not the strongest in the series... but I still enjoyed it and read the whole thing... I've yet to read the latest one though, mostly because I fear another 5+ year wait inbetween books -_-

    New follower here via GFC!
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not familiar with much Canadian music... I am jealous of the people who can listen while reading and writing though... Have a great weekend! Book Savvy Babe PS- I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of that series.
    New follower! :)

    Check out MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I honestly can't even get myself to finish Games of Thrones. It's too thick! LOL

    New follower! :)

    Click HERE for our FF! :D

    Louisse @ The Soul Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard of that one.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry don't know this series

    Old Follower

    My FF here

    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower! I haven't heard of any of those bands~I will have to look them up. I can't listen to anything while reading but I love to listen to music while writing my reviews. Right now it is Maroon 5 ~ Love Adam Levine!!! :)

    Mine: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/09/18-over-book-blogger-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never heard about those books. But I don't think I'm going to read it. Thanks for the warning!

    I kinda feel that this question is helping me a lot! Now I know which books to not read :)

    New follower on GFC.
    My FF: http://ning.it/Ove2al

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never heard of this series. By the looks of your FF I won't be checking it out to soon!

    New follower via GFC :)

    My FF #1

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved GOT (book 1) I was not fond of book 2. I have yet to venture to 3.
    Amazing that lately now that I am aware of it I am finding so many duds and DNFS.
    Old follower (not too old..lol)
    Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  18. I usually have music playing if I'm on the computer too. I'm obviously lacking on my Canadian music knowledge though because I haven't heard of those. :)

    Thanks for joining in the 18+ Follow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi
    New to FF and your blog.
    Mines at http://adventitiousreading.blogspot.ca/
    Thanks
    I.M.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't know those bands. I may have to check them out. I love new music!

    Amanda

    Lets Get Romantical

    ReplyDelete