Thursday, August 2, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

I wouldn't say that particular moods drive my reading habits into a particular genre, but they do tend to sway me between genres. When I'm a bad mood, whatever I'm reading tends to lose its appeal and I need to do a complete genre switch (i.e from fantasy to techno-thriller, or sci-fi fantasy) to to get back on track, before returning to that book sometime later.

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I regularly take part in. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

18 and Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines and Kelly at Secrets of a Book Lover. This one is aimed primarily at bloggers and books for the 18 and over crowd.

Question of the Week: 
Please share three books that are in your review pile (and unread) right now. 

In keeping with the spirit of the hop, I'm going to go with a few selections from my darkest shelves . . .




25 comments:

  1. Thanks for the follow! Following back!

    I can totally understand needing to switch things up a little, that helps me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sometimes you just need to completely switch up what your reading! I'm a new GFC follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried that, I usually gravitate to my faves.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I know what you mean about having to do a genre switch. I have to do that sometimes too.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Changing things up can certainly help. Going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the follow. New follow. I'm a switcher too. I like to change up the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine tends to be more influenced by whatever I've just read - I really don't like stopping reading a book and starting another. I'm stubborn and I have to finish whatever I started!

    Happy Friday!

    My FF this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mood doesn't effect what I read either. I read paranormals and they tend to make me happy!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that I don't even read when I'm in a bad mood... But you're right.

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree! Except if it really is that good, sometimes it changes my mood back to good! :-)

    Old follower.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is exactly the same for me! Although my answer was a little bit long winded and I didn't exactly get that point across haha.

    New Follower via RSS! :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have a great Friday! New Follower..
    Ashley @ #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mood doesn't infulence what I'm reading at the time.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do find that when I have a massive moodswitch while reading, I have to change books because otherwise the other book will remind me of my bad mood! Thanks for sharing!
    My FF Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  15. I understand needing to switch things up. I'm a new follower via GFC. You can find my FF at http://madhatterreads.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Slither! That looks like a bit of a spooky and maybe even creepy read.
    Thanks for following me, following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never heard of these. Slither sounds scary.

    Have a great week
    My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a cover junkee, Slither seems good by the cover :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a very moody reader. When I'm in a bad mood I always pick a fantasy to escape.
    New Follower.
    Follow back?
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi!

    Thanks for stopping thru my follow. Love the title of Slither and the cover ;)

    Im following you too
    Sharonda @ Salacious Reads

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by my Follow <3 Following you back :)

    o.O Slither looks really good! I haven't heard of these books or the authors, think I'll take a look into them ^_^ Thanks!

    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! What a scary, creepy books you have there!
    I do like to switch genres from time to time. It helps. A lot! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my Follow, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't heard of these either, will have to check them out. Thanks for participating in the 18+ Follow!

    ReplyDelete