Quantcast

Thursday, July 19, 2012

TGIF - Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: Christmas in July! Someone gives you a gift card for two books (whatever that costs). What two books will you buy?

So, two books, and cost isn't a factor? I'd have to go with the Dark Tower Omnibus (an oversized hardcover collecting the first five volumes of Marvel's Dark Tower series plus the Dark Tower Companion) and one of the Subterranean Press Brian Lumley editions - either the Fly-By-Nights or Necroscope: The Plague Bearer .

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I regularly take part in. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

TGIF is another blog hop designed to provide much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by GReads, it's an interesting way to recap the week, pose a question, and find some exposure with a different audience.

Question of the Week: This week is a throwback to a previous question - Is there a particular author you wish got more recognition? Pick one author & tell us why we should read their work.

On the horror side, I'd have to go with Brian Lumley - yes, he's won a number of awards, and yes, he's reasonably well-known to horror aficionados, but he lacks the kind of mainstream acceptance that books like his Necroscope saga (and Vampire World offshoot) deserve. Seriously, this man knows how to do vampires right - by which I mean supernaturally evil and preternaturally vicious. 

On the fantasy side, I'd go with David B Coe - again, he's reasonably well-known to hardcore fantasy fans, but he doesn't get the widespread recognition that traditional fantasy epics like The Lon Tobyn Chronicles and The Winds of the Forelands deserve.

16 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of those but that sounds like a huge book, I think I should have went Outlander myself but wasn't thinking of cost LOL.

    Happy Friday!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick! God, even the title sounds ominous the "Dark Tower Omnibus!" ;)
    Stopping through with My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of these books and must go look at GR!

    Old Follower


    My Friday Follows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I've never heard of these books, but I love any book that does vampires right.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never actually heard of the books you mentioned, but I hope you get to buy them soon! :)

    New GFC follower

    Here's my FF
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books are unfamiliar to me as well, but they sound great!
    New follower of your blog!
    Feature&Follow post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of those, but I do love a good vampire book!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello I’m stoping by from the Follow Friday hop, have a great weekend. I’m a new follower, stop by my blog if you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh! I haven't heard of those! But they sound really good! :)

    I'm a new GFC follower! :)

    Here is my FF post: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dark Tower is a wonderful selection! New GFC follower. Please stop by our FF post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They sound like interesting picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. A friend of mine kept telling me to read the Necroscope series. I'm pretty sure the only reason why we're not talking atm is because I still haven't managed to read the first one. Got nothing to do with University.. :D

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am an old follower, not familiar with your choices.
    Here is my post
    Follow Friday Hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of these- I'll have to check them out! I'm a new follower! Mind following me?

    http://theyabookworm.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting titles!

    Here are my picks.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete