Quantcast

Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

TGIF - Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: What drove you to start book blogging in the first place?

I'll be perfectly honest - I got into blogging because I wanted access to free books before they hit the store shelves. I've always been an avid reader, loyal to my favourite authors, so the idea of being able to get a sneak-peek, to read something before anybody else, really excited me. Now that I've been blogging for a year, what I enjoy most is interacting with authors, and getting to know them off the page . . . but I still get excited when I see those ARCs on my doorstep. :)

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I regularly take part in. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

TGIF is another blog hop designed to provide much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by GReads, it's an interesting way to recap the week, pose a question, and find some exposure with a different audience.

Question of the Week: Quotes That Make You Swoon - What are some of the most swoon-worthy quotes you've experienced in a book?

I'm not sure what qualifies as swoon-worthy (I'm really not one to read anything that involves swooning), so I'm just going to go with 2 quotes from my latest read struck me as quirky:


"Discovered less than four hundred years ago by the famous Tallian adventurer “Literal” Edmund Bejeevers, the Dog Crap Archipelago lay like a giant turd across the passage between Borgho City and the Faraway isles. Early explorers found nothing there to recommend the place to anybody, and indeed, early maps show a simple ovoid outline with the words “Don’t Bother” written inside."


"The wall that surrounds Scorby City is over twenty feet thick, although nobody has tried to invade in over three hundred years. It isn’t worth the effort. Any potential invader would be so quickly and effectively wrapped in red tape that signing the necessary permission forms just to rape and pillage – and those forms actually exist – would take up most of a season."

27 comments:

  1. Wow,I like your answer.I didn't even know about free books or ARC before blogging.I recently learned all the ins and outs with the help of other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly didn't know about free books either til I got started but boy did I find the giveaways :).

    Follower, Linky follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha the free books are a plus! and some extra motivation to write extra good posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. followed :)

    http://bookdoll.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-is-weekly.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I love it! I didn't even figure out the whole free book thing until I was a few months into blogging :D Happy Friday! My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like honesty when answering the question, and you hit the nail right on the head.

    Old follower.

    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow-friday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love getting ARC's. I'll admit it. I'm not a pig about it- I don't ask for everyone I see. But if I see something interesting on NetGalley I'll request it. This sounds so stupid, but I first heard about ARC's because of the giveaways on Goodreads. I assumed all of the ARC's were made just for GR's- I know stupid. Looking back, yes people mentioned getting books early. But again, I assumed they got it from a GR giveaway.

    I'm following you through GFC. My FF answer: http://365-books-a-year.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew about ARCs, but I never really imagined getting them. I don't know why. I guess because I'd rather have the finished product. BUT when all these awesome books came out & people have access to them and I don't... I get jealous. LOL. New follower. You can find my FF here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew about ARCs before blogging but I wasn't like OMG OMG I HAVE TO GET THEM! I didn't really care. I like waiting for books to come out.

    My Follow Friday: http://shatterbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/tgif-4-follow-friday-3.html

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know about the whole arc thing either and when I first started blogging I work like crazy to grab the attention of some publishing houses, now I'm inundated!
    New follower here, Hooray!
    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting answer. And not the first person to do it for that reason, it's definitely a great perk! Although I had no idea about ARC's and review copies (Same thing?) before I started my blog, in fact I'm still rather new and haven't started the whole Arc/review copy thing yet.

    New Follower via RSS! :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi & Happy Friday!

    A nice, honest answer :) I admit to being completely clueless about ARC's when I first started blogging; it took me a while to even work out what it stood for (blush).

    My FF - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-13th-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. At least you're honest. :) Some people wouldn't admit to that if that was their first answer I think out of fear of being put into a controversy (but I don't see the problem personally).

    To be honest, I didn't even know what "ARC" meant when I began blogging. I didn't even know what memes were. Lol. A bit embarrassing to admit that. I do enjoy getting ARCs--which is still rare surprisingly, except for digital ones through NetGalley or any winnings from contests--but they're not something I overly concern myself with.

    Either way, great answer. It was a great question this week. New follower, too. :)

    Pixie
    http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didnt realize I could get free books until after I started blogging. I have to admit I Like that perk. =)

    New Follower via Linky

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice quotes though! At least you found some! I couldn't recall any myself, but listed the authors whose books did make me "swoon"!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    I was a featured blogger!!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a very engaging writing style! It's nice to get to know some of the authors. I've been having a really nice time with that as well.

    New Follower!

    Auggie-Talk Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  17. ARCs were my main reason for going to BEA this year but it was also great to be surrounded by authors and other book lovers.

    New GFC follower here :).

    Sandy
    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the honesty-- that's definitely how I got started too!

    New GFC follower.

    Hop on over to my blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's exciting to get the arc's in the mail.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. ARCs were what made me consider creating a blog. I agree, the idea of getting a sneak peek is very exciting, although there are so many other things about having your own blog that are incredible.

    New follower on GFC!
    Sophie @ The Dreaming Reader

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's very honest. I knew about the ARC's, but I went into blogging knowing that I wouldn't receive them - or at least not a lot. I live international, so. I'm not sure if ARC's are the best thing to start a blog with, but who knows :p

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/feature-follow-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think that being able to get ARC's is a great perk to blogging. I have a hard time waiting for books to come out. So yes, I am guilty of using my blog as a way to get ARC's. :o)

    New Follower.
    My Friday Follows

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay for free books. I hope one day my wife and me can get lucky enough to receive some of these from blogging.

    New follower via GFC

    A Bookish Co-op@ http://abookishco-op.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well I'm glad you're honest! Because who doens't love a free book? Umm...nobody!!

    Follower via GFC

    My FF: http://wellpinaroseonyournose.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha I love your answer! Whoohoo~ I love free books too!
    I just started following you via GFC. Follow me back? ^^
    http://anythinginfantasy.blogspot.sg/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html
    All the best!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha , nice answer !
    I just started following you (:
    Here is my FF :
    http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete