Quantcast

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Besieged (The Outcast Chronicles) by Rowena Cory Daniells

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Besieged: The Outcast Chronicles by Rowena Cory Daniells

For nearly 300 years the mystics have lived alongside the true-men, who barely tolerate them, until...

King Charald is cursed with a half-blood mystic son. Sorne is raised to be a weapon against the mystics. Desperate to win his father’s respect, Sorne steals power to trigger visions. Unaware King Charald plans their downfall, the mystics are consumed by rivalry. Although physically stronger, the males’ gifts are weaker than the females. Imoshen, the only female mystic to be raised by males, wants to end the feud. But the males resent her power and, even within her own sisterhood Imoshen’s enemies believe she is addicted to the male gifts.

Sorne tries, but cannot win the respect of True-men. When he has a vision of half-bloods in danger he has to ask himself where his loyalty lies.

Convinced he can destroy the mystics, King Charald plans to lay siege to their island city. Will Imoshen win the trust of the mystic leaders and, if she does, will she believe the visions of a half-blood? (June 26, 2012)

While I haven't had a chance to dive into Daniells' first two series (King Rolen's Kin & Last T'En Trilogy), I'm anxious to give this one a read.

11 comments:

  1. OOh that looks interesting! I like the cover! Very cool colors!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool cover and sounds very intriguing indeed!

    My WoW: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good and I need a new fantasy genre book to read. adding to the pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover of this!

    ComaCalm's WoW


    P.S. Please consider removing the captcha, it's really NOT needed. Bloggers get barely any spam comments and it makes my life much more difficult to try and type in those letters when I have 100 odd blogs to visit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not my usual read, but I hope that you love it when you get a chance to read it. The cover is gorgeous!
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did read the first of the King Rolen's Kin trilogy and it was pretty good. I might pick this one up too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice cover and pick.

    http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always a novel I wouldn't have checked out if it hadn't been for your blog. Damn.. I feel so mainstream now. *makes hipster-face* ;D

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooooh. This book looks intriguing. Great pick!

    Check out my WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book does sound good! I may be adding it to my own TBR list.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1993

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh, thanks for picking this one out. I haven't heard of it before, but it's on my TBR list on goodreads now :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-12-erin-jade-lange.html

    ReplyDelete