Quantcast

Thursday, May 17, 2012

TGIF - Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: Summer Break is upon us! What would be the perfect vacation spot for you to catch up on your reading & relax?

Assuming money was no object and I had an unlimited budget, I'd love to fly over to Egypt, descend into one of the pyramids, and read deep within the cold, lonely tombs, surrounded by history, art, treasure, and mystery.

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I've taken part in the past two weeks. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

TGIF is another blog hop designed to provide much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by GReads, it's an interesting way to recap the week, pose a question, and find some exposure with a different audience.


Question of the Week: A Book Blogger is Born - What made you decide to start your very own book blog?


A number of things really. I was already posting reviews on my Goodreads profile, and I was following a number of book review blogs I'd discovered there, so it seemed like a natural extension to begin my own blog. Also, I felt there was a real niche of adult fantasy/horror fiction out there, amidst all the YA fiction and Romance, that wasn't being fully exploited. Since I knew I'd be focussing as much on the dusty old books pulled from the shelves as I would on the shiniest new releases cracked open on the way home from Chapters, I really felt I had something new and unique to offer.

25 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!

    I don't know if I would want to go back to the Middle East right now. Too much turmoil.

    New Linky Follower

    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow-friday-05172012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer! I've always wanted to just step foot into one of the Egyptian pyramids--they look so beautiful, and their history is amazing!

    OLD follower! :D

    Stop by my blog sometime! :)
    J.B.
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting.. Egypt. :O
    Unique answer. :)
    New follower;
    My ff;
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/05/follow-friday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old follower. Egypt sounds great and visiting the pyramids would be fun, click on my name to see what i picked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your answer! My place would be Italy with the love of my life! Come follow me at bookreaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginger from TGIF actually has a page where she shares the questions in advance! :)

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that does sound interesting! I don't think I'd get any reading done. I'd be too busy checking everything out! Would love it though if it were a little safer to travel there.

    Anna@Herding Cats & Burning Soup

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your answer, but I think if I were in Egypt I'd be too busy saying "Oh my God, I'm in Egypt!" to get any reading done! Old follower! My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful setting!
    I would love to descend into a pyramid and do a little reading.

    Here's my Follow Friday. Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. Egypt would be incredible. I hope the middle east is safe enough some day that I feel comfortable visiting. Although Egypt isn't as volatile as Israel, which I'd really like to see.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to admit, if I went to Egypt, I'd do the typical British tourist thing of getting as much sun as I possibly could - though exploring a pyramid would be cool - even if I wouldn't class that as reading time!

    Happy Friday!

    My FF post

    ReplyDelete
  12. New Follower here love the answer!
    Krista
    Book Review Club

    http://bookreviewclub.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow you're right Egypt would be awesome, but I think I would be too curious to stay and read, I just would like to discover the place.

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOh Egypt! That's different!

    Like seeing how everyone's blog came to be. These stories are quite interesting and range in variety!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhhh, going to Egypt sounds like a very nice trip. It's my number 1 on the list to go to :) Pyramides, riding on a camel <3

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to visit Egypt! Along with Athens and Rome, Cairo is one of the cities I have to visit in the future!

    Fab answer! My Feature and Follow

    Vikki @ V's Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  17. Intersting to hear the backstory of your blog. I started out on Goodreads too *yay* And as interesting as YA blogs are, I'm a little extra thrilled when I discover book blogs that have an eclectic mix like yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. New Follower. Egypt sure sounds nice.

    http://readersconfession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, yes! Pyramids! Peace and quiet ensured!
    New GFC, Twitter and FB follower :)

    Here's my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Man, reading in a pyramid would be pretty extreme! Great creative idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome!
    You are the only person who mentioned INSIDE A PYRAMID!! amazing choice!

    Follow me?
    theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Inside a pyramid - yes, great choice. And a great reason to start a blog!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  23. {if i'm commenting i'm a follower}

    I love your answer. It's rather unique and very nice. :)

    {http://www.justonemorechapter.net}

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow great answer but too hot for my taste but definitely a destination worth checking out.

    New Linky follower. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete