Quantcast

Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: The Hammer and the Blade by Paul Kemp

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Hammer and the Blade by Paul Kemp

Egil and Nix, adventurers and swords for hire, are pulled into the dark schemes of a decadent family with a diabolical secret. 

Kill the demon.
Steal the treasure.
Retire to a life of luxury.

Sounds easy when you put it like that.

Unfortunately for Egil and Nix, when the demon they kill has friends in high places, retirement is not an option.

A fast paced adventure redolent with the best of classic sword and sorcery tales.. (June 26, 2012)

Sometimes you want to read a thousand page epic work of mythological fantasy, and sometimes you just want some old-fashioned pulp sword-and-sorcery. I think this may just be the fix I need.

8 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of that one! Sounds pretty intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downloaded this from Angry Robot. I hope I have a chance to read it soon because it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, I wish I would sometimes want 1000 pages epic fantasy novels, but most of the times, I just want me some Urban Fantasy and that's it. In any case, nice pick!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty epic fantasy
    hope u enjoy when u get it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! I still have Epic fantasies to read on my list. Hope this helps fill your void. Thanks for stopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heey
    Thanks for stopping by, 'The Hammer and Blade' sounds great, I love a good sword-wielding story!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great read! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like so much fun! I had not heard of this before, so thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete