Quantcast

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: God Save the Queen by Kate Locke

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

God Save the Queen by Kate Locke

The undead matriarch of a Britain where the Aristocracy is made up of werewolves and vampires, where goblins live underground and mothers know better than to let their children out after dark. A world where being nobility means being infected with the Plague (side-effects include undeath), Hysteria is the popular affliction of the day, and leeches are considered a delicacy. And a world where technology lives side by side with magic. The year is 2012 and Pax Britannia still reigns.

Xandra Vardan is a member of the elite Royal Guard, and it is her duty to protect the Aristocracy. But when her sister goes missing, Xandra will set out on a path that undermines everything she believed in and uncover a conspiracy that threatens to topple the empire. And she is the key-the prize in a very dangerous struggle. (July 3, 2012)

I'm always game for a good alternate history novel, and this one seems to have all the necessary trappings to be a winner. Definitely looking forward to it.

10 comments:

  1. Since the first time I left a comment here I'm always excited which books you'll pick. They are so unlike the typical picks! I don't know if this one will be something for me, but I like alternate universes and planned to read more Historicals anyway, so.. *grin*

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't heard of this one. i'm usually a fan of alternate history read and this looks good! great pick :)

    stop by my WoW pick.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting to see this one pop up and I admit I am intrigued! The cover is just awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks like just the thing for folks like me who have run out of Gail Carringer to read. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title. This looks too fun to pass up. On the list it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds fantastic! Great choice. Please check out my WoW.

    We're also doing an audio giveaway of Dead End in Norvelt and ARC of Purity by Jackson Pearce.

    Thanks!
    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  7. heard of this1 recently
    and yea it sounds aesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not heard of this one before- but I agree with you that it sounds interesting.

    I am a new follower through Book Blogs. :)

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Can't wait for this one. Great pick and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This totally sounds like something I would enjoy immensely. Love the cover, and love the idea of an alt history with supernatural creatures! Great pick :). Following you!

    My WoW + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete