Thursday, April 19, 2012

TGIF - Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: Fight! Fight! If you could have two fictional characters battle it out (preferably from books), who would they be and who do you think would win?

Give me a battle of the underdogs - sickly Elric of Melniboné (Michael Moorcock), leprous Thomas Covenant (Stephen Donaldson), and sickly Raistlin Majere (Weis & Hickman). Depending on who has the strongest grasp on their sanity that day, and whether they're prepared to wield their magical talismans (sword, ring, or staff), it's anybody's battle . . . but I'd have to give Raistlin the edge for his experience with treachery.

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I always take part in. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

TGIF is another blog hop designed to provide much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by GReads, it's an interesting way to recap the week, pose a question, and find some exposure with a different audience.


Question of the Week: Book Blogger Influences - Has there been a particular book blogger who's influenced what you read? Share with us a review/book blog that convinced you to pick up a certain book.


For recommendations on new reads I always rely on The Steel BookshelfFantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews, and Graeme's Fantasy Book Review.

23 comments:

  1. Oh I just loves swords!!
    I like watching people fights with swords! :D

    New follower btw!

    Marshiee @ Books With Marshmallows

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know of any of these characters. but i know everyone loves under dogs -- so a battle of underdogs would be really awesome!

    Trish - My FF 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I should really read more of Weis and Hickman's books. I think I'd like them.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I don't know the characters, I'm all for the swords!

    New follower!
    The Sagacity Quest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old follower now also following through Linky, I haven't heard of these characters but a fight with swords would never be boring, my FF

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/feature-and-follow-friday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old follower now also following through Linky, I haven't heard of these characters but a fight with swords would never be boring, my FF

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/feature-and-follow-friday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like an awesome sword fight waiting to happen! And a fight to be King of the underdogs?

    Sounds brilliant!

    Tara @ Hey, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not familiar with them but sounds like an awesome fight!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow,I kind of know Weis and Hickman but the others...I guess I'll have to look into them!

    Old follower!

    My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping by, here's mine.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know your characters but it sounds like an interesting choice.

    old follower


    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. don't know the characters but they sound awesome.

    New Follower.

    check mine here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everytime I'm here I feel horrible for not reading more of the books you do! :<

    I think a battle of underdogs would probably be cool, especially because the soundtrack would be made of utter Win. :D

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust New follower from the hop. I am a haphazard reader who does many reviews each week. I am influenced largely by what I can get my hands on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea - underdog battle! I must admit, my mind immediately went to the heros and heroines of my book list. New Blog follower

    Here's my FF . Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Old follower just returning your visit. Thanks for stopping by and I love your choices for the literary cage match this week.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great answer!

    Thanks for stopping by! I'm a new GFC follower
    :) Aeicha Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your answers! Underdogs make a great hero story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I only did the TGIF meme this week, but I can relate to your #FF answer. Underdogs are always the ones that I cheer for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your choices - haven't read those so I'll go with your choice -Raistlin. Happy FF on a Saturday :)

    New GFC follower, too.

    Renee Succotash Reviews

    ReplyDelete