Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: The Janus Affair by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Janus Affair by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris

Evildoers beware! Retribution is at hand, thanks to Britain's best-kept secret agents!!

Certainly no strangers to peculiar occurrences, agents Wellington Books and Eliza Braun are nonetheless stunned to observe a fellow passenger aboard Britain's latest hypersteam train suddenly vanish in a dazzling bolt of lightning. They soon discover this is not the only such disappearance . . . with each case going inexplicably unexamined by the Crown.

The fate of England is once again in the hands of an ingenious archivist paired with a beautiful, fearless lady of adventure. And though their foe be fiendishly clever, so then is Mr. Books . . . and Miss Braun still has a number of useful and unusual devices hidden beneath her petticoats. (May 29, 2012)

The first Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences novels, Phoenix Rising, was one of those books I picked up on a whim and ended up breezing through in a weekend. Kind of a steampunk take on the old Avengers TV show with Patrick Macnee & Diana Rigg, it was fun, fast, and clever enough that I'm eager to take on the sequel.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not that into steampunk, but I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never finished the first one. I should, but it was slightly too cute for my taste-- or maybe too cute for my mood at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can honestly say this is one I haven't heard of. Does kind of sound interesting though, might have to keep my eye out for a copy.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really fun. I'll have to see if my library has the first one!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the first book in this series reminded me of The Avengers tv show. It didn't quite work for me but there were enough elements in it to make me want to read The Janus Affair and see where the authors take the series.
    great pick.

    And thanks for following my blog; I'm a new follower for yours!

    ReplyDelete