Thursday, March 15, 2012

TGIF - Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week:What is the best book you've read in the last month? What is the worst book you've read in the last month?

The best book of the past month would probably be The Scar by Sergey & Marina Dyachenko. Such a pleasant surprise, and such a unique voice in the fantasy genre. The worst book would definitely be Heaven's Shadow by David S. Goyer. Such a brutal disappointment.

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I've taken part in the past two weeks. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

TGIF is another blog hop designed to provide much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by GReads, it's an interesting way to recap the week, pose a question, and find some exposure with a different audience.

Question of the Week: Social Networking - do you use Twitter or Facebook to promote your blog?  How has it benefited your book blogging experience? If not, how do you promote your blog? Share your twitter handle and/or Facebook link!.

I use Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ to promote my blog. Of the three, I seem to get the most benefit out of Google+ (it just works really well for me), although Twitter has probably introduced me to some of the best new connections. As for Facebook, I'll admit that I don't use it as often or as well as I should, mainly because I get so frustrated having to scroll through dozens of game updates, requests for tokens, and other 'crap' just to get to the one post that actually interests me.

24 comments:

  1. Cool. ^_^ I'm actually the opposite; I prefer to connect through blogs rather than facebook or twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I'm not familiar with either of your books, but it is always so disappointing when a book isn't as good as you expect.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there :) just hopping through...

    It's hard when a book disappoints that much, I've also had a few of those.

    Here is my choice...

    href="http://bookenslaved.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/feature-follow-friday-3.html">Feature & Follow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Follow Friday!

    I'm a new follower hopping through. :)

    I haven't heard of either of the books you mentioned, but I'll definitely stay away from the one you disliked.

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of The Scar, but I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hope you have a happy friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, happy following! I haven't read either, but The Scar sounds promising. =)

    Here's mine: http://epibloguer.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-best-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard an of your books, but when a book is not good as expected, it's a bummer...

    JMy #FF
    Emerald City eBook Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not familiar with either of these books. Books that disappoint tend to put me in a reading funk that's hard to get out of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of those books.

    What do you tweet regarding you blog. IT's apparently something a lot of bloggers use and I think I need to start. Any advice?

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't heard of the scar before.
    Old Follower...

    I am hosting my first Giveaway. I would love it if you could drop by:
    http://b00kr3vi3ws.blogspot.in/2012/03/lionels-grand-adventure-book-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of your books for FF, either, but thx for sharing. What a fun question for TGIF!! I use FB & Twitter all the time. I like catching other people's posts on both of 'em. Can't have too many ways of keeping up with everything!! I'm @BurgandyIce andhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Burgandy-Ice/325545710790021 -Burgandy Ice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just hopping by, happy friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found your blog through Parajunkie's blog hop and just started following - looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    Amy
    http://neftzger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hate books that don't live up to your expectations :(

    Happy reading week!

    The Brunette Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  16. New follower! I haven't heard of either of these books, but it's too bad you didn't like one of them. Feel free to check out my F&F here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm, I hadn't really thought of Google +, I'm on it but haven't really sussed it out yet. I like the list functions on FB to help sort the wheat from the chaff.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of these books but I will have to check them out.

    Thanks for stopping by! I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Scar sounds really interesting good picks these are mine..http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/03/follow-friday-blog-hop-31/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have not started to figure out G+. I started by quickly gave up and have never tried it again. So sad! New Twitter Follower @lilpocketbooks. (since that is an easy one to figure out)lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by. Following back.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Bob! Thanks for stopping by the blog. Now returning the favor via Linky.

    I am not familiar with either of your authors, but I always like hearing feedback whether I know the author or not. Thanks so much for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the follow, Bob. I returned the favour.

    I just went to check out the video trailer for The Scar. Looks really good.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete