Quantcast

Thursday, March 8, 2012

TGIF - Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Q: Have you ever looked at book’s cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.?

As a genre fan, I tend to like my covers big and bold, with artwork that dominates the page. For me, Draculas had a horribly lazy cover, but was a really fun read, while Ready Player One had another very minimalist cover that bordered on cheesy, but was another great read.

    

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I've taken part in the past two weeks. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

TGIF is another blog hop designed to provide much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by GReads, it's an interesting way to recap the week, pose a question, and find some exposure with a different audience.

Question of the Week: Is there a particular author you wish got more recognition? Pick one author & tell us why we should read their work.

On the horror side, I'd have to go with Brian Lumley - yes, he's won a number of awards, and yes, he's reasonably well-known to horror aficionados, but he lacks the kind of mainstream acceptance that books like his Necroscope saga deserve. On the fantasy side, I'd go with David B Coe - again, he's reasonably well-known to hardcore fantasy fans, but he doesn't get the widespread recognition that epics like The Winds of the Forelands deserve.

19 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I kind of like the lazy simplicity of the Ready book. I agree with you on Draculas though.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Ready Player One, but I actually like the cover. The cover of Draculas just brings to mind so many mass market papberbacks of the 90's! Hopping through and now I'm following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, yeah, I just hate reading books with covers that have only the title in them in HUMONGOUS letters. I think that's a lack of creativity. I don't remember ever reading a book with such a dull cover.

    New follower on GFC! :)

    Here's my #FF .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I agree pretty boring. New follower through GFC, Linky, and RSS.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there :) just hopping through.

    Agreeing with you about the covers.

    I'm also your newest follower :) Here is my choice...

    My Feature and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you about the Draculas cover. I'd never pick that up on a whim. The Ready Player cover has something to it, though. I can't put my finger on what, though. New GFC follower. You can find my FF here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the Draculas cover, but kind of like the big bold in your face font of Ready Player One - I definitely want to get to that soon. And thanks for the author recommendation - I haven't read anything by either one of the 2 you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ready Player One is on my TBR list! Although just like you, I'm not a big fan of the cover.

    New follower!

    Here's my FF. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't read these, but the covers do seem a little blah. Glad it wasn't the case though!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would probably walk past those books in the store.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have to agree with Alison Can Read. There's something about the Ready book, but there's no way I would've picked up the Dracula one based on the cover alone.
    New follower. Happy FF
    _yay_ @ Book that Thing
    FollowFriday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping through! I agree with you on Dracula's cover.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with the Dracula cover, happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish some of these authors put just as much time, energy and money into the cover as they do the story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Draculas is awful! :) Here is my FF:

    http://shewolfreads.com/2012/03/09/feature-follow-4/

    Happy Friday!

    (new RSS follower)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’d actually not heard of either of those authors, but their books sound like something I might really enjoy! I appreciate you sharing and recommending them! Thanks :D

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ne Follower through GFC!I agree not a big fan of either of those covers there are very plain! My FF Link http://bookfanatic89.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-my-blog-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. New follower. Never heard of these novels but they do look cheesy.

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I have heard good things about and plan to read Ready Player One soon. But you are right that it isn't a striking cover.
    Thanks for visiting me last Monday.
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete