Saturday, March 24, 2012

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme created by Kristi at The Story Siren. The idea of the meme is pretty simple - share the books you bought for yourself, won via a contest or first-read program, received as part of a book tour, or were provided with for the purposes of a review.

Since my wife already complains (good-naturedly, of course) about the bookshelves that have spread across two bedrooms, the pile on the floor by our bed, the pile on the stairs, and the pile in the living room, I try not to bring in too many new books, but here goes . . .

Old Man's War by John Scalzi 
Exogene by T.C. McCarthy
Laddertop by Orson Scott Card and Emily Janice Card (Graphic novel)
Seven Princes by John R. Fultz
Silver Skull by Mark Chadbourn 
Winds of Khalakovo by Bradley Beaulieu
Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind 



Purchased - just because I want to give it a read

The Steel Seraglio by Mike Carey, Linda Carey, Louise Carey, and Nimit Malavia


The Alchemist’s Secret by Scott Mariani
(only $0.99 at Kobo!)



Received for review (NetGalley)

Scourge of the Betrayer by Jeff Salyards



Received for review (via the Author/Publisher)

Web of the Spider Queen by John Grover


Dirty Eden by J.A. Redmerski


Poseidon's Children by Michael West


5 comments:

  1. OOoh nice!! Haven't heard of these but I hope you enjoy em all!

    My IMM will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul there, color me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! I'm not familiar with your books, but I hope you enjoy them.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome week in books! I read The Omen Machine and really liked it - hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hopping through.. After your brilliant #FF answer I had to stop by today. *grin*

    I think I should try to give the books you're mainly reading a chance. My brain is working amusingly slow these days, and I'm not sure if it's because a vampire sucked most of it out or not. oô "Oh, PNR. We have to stop seeing eachother for a while. Yeah, it's you, it's not me."

    Anyway: Happy Reading! :)

    Patricia My IMM

    ReplyDelete