Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Witch House by Edward Lee

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Witch House by Edward Lee:

Many witches were burnt, hanged and tortured in seventeenth-century New England, including notorious coven-leader Evanore Wraxall and her incestuous father. Not all of them died. Now, on a trip to Wraxall House in Haver-Towne, NH, Stewart Fanshawe, cable television finance pundit, is about to meet them. [May 1]



Yeah, the release is a bit light on details, but Edward Lee, Richard Laymon, and Bentley Little are my unholy trinity, always good for an over-the-top, B-grade dose of horror and gore.

9 comments:

  1. I love witch stories! sounds awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've never read Edward Lee before-- I'll definitely be putting this on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read much horror. In fact, I run screaming from the suggestion. I hope you enjoy this one when it arrives. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up!! I just pre-ordered this. :D (I made sure to use your link, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, noooo.... I checked the publisher to make sure it wasn't Dorchester, but it is! :( They have changed all of their books to say "DP". I guess I won't be reading it after all. Bummer. I know you will enjoy it greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh witches! I love it! Awesome pick I hadn't heard of this before!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice Bob!;)
    Witches & scary stories are awesome together!
    Hope you love it!;)

    Thanks for visiting my WoW.;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time hearing of this or any of Edward Lee's books. Thank you for showing me something new.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete