Quantcast

Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Dread by Gail Z. Martin

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Dread by Gail Z. Martin:

War has come to the Winter Kingdoms. The Dread will rise. Kings will fall.Summoner-King Tris Drayke takes what remains of his army north to fight a war he is ill-prepared to fight, as reports from spies confirm Tris's worst fear. A new threat rises across the sea: a dark summoner who intends to make the most of the Winter Kingdoms's weakness.

And in Isencroft, Kiara's father is assassinated and she will now have no choice except to return and claim the crown. But she must leave behind her husband Tris and their infant son and face the dark power that threatens her rule.

With this, the epic conclusion to Gail's Fallen Kings Cycle, it looks like I have another series to get caught up on. First, though, I need to wrap up her Chronicles of the Necromancer (which shares the same world).

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series before, but the books look good!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love series and though I don't read much fantasy, this one looks intriguing. I'll pass it along to my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read this series. I have the first three books already (am I lucky or what?) so I should really get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cover, haven't heard of this series but from the synopsis it sounds interesting. Will be adding this series to my tbr list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this one, but I love the cover! She looks like she could kick some serious a$$!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this series before but I definitely like that cover!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check this author out. The synopsis sounds great. Hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete