Quantcast

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday: City of Dragons by Robin Hobb

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

City of Dragons: Volume Three of the Rain Wilds Chronicles by Robin Hobb:

Continuing the enthralling journey she began in her acclaimed Dragon Keeper and Dragon Haven, Hobb rejoins a small group of weak, half-formed and unwanted dragons and their displaced human companions as they search for a legendary sanctuary. Now, as the misfit band approaches its final destination, dragons and keepers alike face a challenge so insurmountable that it threatens to render their long, difficult odyssey utterly meaningless. 


Touching, powerful, and dazzlingly inventive, Hobb’s City of Dragons is not to be missed—further proof that this author belongs alongside Raymond E. Feist, Terry Brooks, and Lois McMaster Bujold in the pantheon of fantasy fiction’s true greats. [February 7]

I still have the Liveship Traders and Soldier Son trilogies to get through before this, but new Robin Hobb is always a cause for celebration. I find her books tend to be a bit more dense and complex than your usual fantasy novel, requiring a bit more patience before the payoff is revealed, but they're always immensely satisfying.

6 comments:

  1. So many series that I need to start, this is yet another that sounds great!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this one. Hope you love it once it releases!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds interesting :)

    Thanks for stopping by!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. I'll check this series out. Dragons sounds interesting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Liveship books :) Haven't got around to any other series by her yet, my TBR shelf is groaning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Bob! Thank you so much for commenting on my WOW post this past week, and sorry for the delay in commenting back. I run out of time sometimes...

    Anyway...I'm now following your terrific blog! And I want to congratulate you on picking this book!! I've never heard of this author, but, as a fantasy fan myself, I think I should do something about getting better acquainted with her! The plot sounds just wonderful! I love it when dragons are not depicted as evil, fearsome creatures, but as human allies, working toward a common good.

    Thanks for featuring this book! (And so my TBR pile continues to grow...lol.)

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete