Quantcast

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done to get your hands on any particular book?

I once drove for over an hour, then took a hour long train ride, and then stood in line all night, in the rain, for a chance (a chance!) at a signed Stephen King hardcover.

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I've taken part in the past two weeks. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty dedicated fan to me! Did you at least get the book?

    My FF @ Respiring Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went out of your way to get it then. :)

    New Follower! Come see my Friday Follow too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is impressive. I think I might be prepared to do that for one of my favourite authors though. I once missed a signing by Terry Pratchett because my train was delayed. Gutted! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck, who wouldn't do that for Stephen King? I would do that to if he were to come to where I live.

    Dragon's Oath Audiobook Giveaway
    Jez's Bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well when it's someone that BIG, that's worth the trip! I sometimes talk my mom into going to Chicago to meet authors. One time I even talked her to going to visit my aunt in Wisconsin because one of my authors was there. So that was a win-win!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great story, happy Friday.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. sometimes a chance is worth it .
    I'm a new follower here is the post for a follow back http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol i would do that too :) new follower!!

    Books Ahoy
    www.books-ahoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. Did you get the signed book? I have never read Stephen King. I should.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. New Follower!
    I've read your profile and you sound like me. My neighbors come to check on me if they don't see me out on my front porching reading during the day. And I have read in between stop lights before as well as waiting for my order at drive-thrus, lol.
    My #FF:
    http://www.csmaxwell.blogspot.com/2012/01/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! New follower. That's dedication right there! I take it you didn't actually get it signed though? :(

    Check out my FF

    ReplyDelete