Quantcast

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012?

I'm still very much an 80s hair metal fan, but Wednesday 13 does some great horror-themed rock (think Alice Cooper with an edge), Steel Panther is almost as talented as they are awesomely inappropriate, and good old Marilyn Manson has a new album out this spring (hopefully it's better than his last two). Sadly, though, no matter how much I beg and plead, Danny Elfman refuses to do another Oingo Boingo album. :)

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I've taken part in the past two weeks. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

21 comments:

  1. I was never really into hair bands, even in the 80s. New follower :)

    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gone through some 80s phases in my music adventures. I wasn't alive to hear most of it when it was new, but I like it now. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I've never heard of those but they sound like a lot of fun.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah, I'm still obsessed with System of a Down, so I'm not really that far, you know?
    New follower.

    Here's our #FF post

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Happy FF! New follower here. 80's weren't really my thing.

    Daniel @ Bound By Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved 80's music definately takes me back lol, new follower, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2012/01/feature-and-follow-friday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely like some 80s music! My only problem is I hear it on the radio and don't know the band or that it's from the 80s til someone tells me!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely like some of the 80s bands! New follower, Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love some of the old cheesy 80s bands like Bon Jovi and Guns n Roses! New follower. If you'd like to pay me a visit, I'm over at http:\\elizabethbaxter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 80s hair metal had the best music videos. New follower here from FF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just passing through, I love those bands too lol. I love all kinds of music!!!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Friday, new follower :)

    I listen to the hair bands too sometimes, also I love the 80s one hit wonder type songs too.

    Sam @ Caught in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Friday! Really hit or miss with 80s and some I've never heard of

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Bob,

    Poison here. Ah the 80's... the days of my youth. LOL I never quite could get into MM. I was more a girly girl back then. Now I'm all about all sorts of bands/groups. My latest craze has been Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Beethoven's Last Night. I know completely opposite my tastes, but I'm a well rounded music lover. :-p

    Thanks for sharing and I'm following you now. :-)

    ~Poison

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just blogging by,Have a happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. hopping thru...new follower from Follow Friday
    Happy weekend!

    Love to Read Romance!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, Marilyn Mason. Forgot to mention him as one of my favs. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Old follower.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was under a rock back in the '80s lolz and was pretty much into movie OSTs then before hitting the boybands, girlbands and other vocal groups and solo artists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh wow this is what my dad listens too! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hopping back in response to your comment on my post. Love Silversun Pickups. I just listened to their album yesterday b/c your comment triggered them to the top of my playlist.

    ReplyDelete